Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hiccups

At first they were cute. Now they're just plain annoying. This kid gets hiccups, like, three times a day! What's up with that?! For those of you who don't know first-hand what this feels like, imagine a very faint, gentle tapping low in your gut that NEVER STOPS. Well, okay, it does stop eventually, but it's one of those things that, once you notice it, you can't un-notice it, and every second, literally, you feel it. The first time it happened I was all excited that it was the baby kicking, and I was like, "Wow, this baby totally has rhythm! All that belly-patting while I sing paid off!" But apparently babies aren't coordinated enough to be that rhythmic. Bummer.

Oh my gosh, it finally stopped! Hallelujah!

Oh wait, no it didn't.

Blast.

3 comments:

Rebecca Knapp said...

Not that every baby is the same, but for what it's worth, Frankie was the same way - constantly hiccup-ing in my belly. Now, without fail, he gets the hiccups (usually accompanied with their good friends, the spit ups) after every feeding. If it's any consolation, it gets much more endearing after baby is born. There's nothing cuter than the sound of baby hiccups! Hang in there!!!

Bigger than Me said...

Alison, I totally remember that...and how much it drove me nuts! Love you!

Always,
Katie

Unknown said...

Hey, those hiccups drove me crazy too! Yup, it's fun the first 20 times or so, but then...

I actually would sometimes get a little motion-sick (just kinda queasy-feeling) from Lucy moving around so much in there. And yes it gets way cuter when they're born!