Sunday, May 14, 2006

My First Mother's Day

I was so proud to be able to stand up in church today when they honored all the moms. I'm a MOM--that's still so weird to me!

Abby did her first real rolling one night this past week--three times in a row! We kept missing it; she was on the floor, and Dan and I were both in the middle of things, and we'd look down and she was on her tummy. We flipped her over, watched for a while, became convinced she was content on her back, and then, when we weren't looking, there she'd go again. The third time we persevered and were rewarded with yet another flip which we saw from beginning to end. We tried for a fourth for the camera, but by that time she was over it for the night.

Tonight we became convinced of two things: she's teething, and she's ready for solids. All day she was fussy and out of sorts--I thought it was from the nap she missed (and then waking up after half an hour--right at the beginning of our dinner at Ruth's Chris, of course), but after the way she gnawed our fingers later on, and the way she sucked down 5 ounces of formula less than two hours after eating this evening, I think it's safe to say we're on the cusp of teeth and rice cereal. Tomorrow we're starting the cereal--guess there's not much we can do about the teething other than break out the teething rings and frozen washcloths.

We did some Mother's Day photos in the backyard. My mom bought Abby this great dress that was on major clearance at Nordstrom's; it came with a hat that was way too big and a coat that was adorable and totally Jackie O, but it was too warm today to wear it. :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey!
Thanks so much for sending the photos. Abby is so, so gorgeous, and you also look fabulous!! Motherhood is doing beautiful things to you. I know, I totally loved standing up on church on Mothers Day. It was so cool. YES, we actually went to church. ;)