Friday, May 26, 2006

Spring Cleaning

I went through Abby's clothes this week to weed out all the stuff she doesn't fit into anymore. I'm so sad. She's got some of the most adorable outfits, but she's growing so fast and has so many 0-3 outfits she only got to wear some of them once or twice. The outfit I put her in today looked like it would still fit, but the pants (pink corduroy! So cute!) are just too tight now. She can still wear the top, which has these little pink flowers embroidered all over it (Dan and I are both suckers for embroidery). But even the shirt is a little on the short side. Anyway, now there's this pile of clothes at the bottom of her closet that are waiting to be boxed up, and depending on what we have next, we may never see them on a baby again! Deressing! I've decided that, if we don't have a girl the second time around, I'm going to take all Abby's cute outfits and sew them into a quilt. Lorelei did that on "Gilmore Girls" with all Rory's baby clothes, and I thought that was such an adorable idea. Although I may save some of them for her memory box--my mom had some of my baby dresses when I was a kid, and they fit my Cabbage Patch doll perfectly. :)

Tidbits:
Abby's next to me on the couch at the moment, and she's figured out how to shove things away from her, but then gets annoyed when she can't reach them amymore.

I was on hold with the gas company and the oldie, "I Will Follow Him" came on, so I was singing along with it and she thought it was hilarious.

Dan bought her a toy remote control that has all these buttons that make TV-related noises, and she uses her feet to grab it and hit the buttons. Well, I don't think the button-hitting is intentional; she just kicks at the thing and occasionally her heel hits something.

Dan also bought her a small stuffed classic tigger from Target, and she actually kind of plays with it. What's cute, though, is when you hold it in front of her and she dives for his nose--with her mouth.

No comments: