Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Our Little Angel's First Angel's Game!

It turned out to be a bit of a lousy night, but even so, Abby was adorable! We only made it through the end of the 5th inning; Dan had suffered another migraine that afternoon and was really knocked out from the pain shot the doctor gave him two hours before we left, and Abby wasn't as wowed by the vast expanse of green before us as I'd hoped she'd be and wanted me to walk around the pavilion with her the whole time. Quite the bummer, since we had first row seats in "Vlad's Pad"--the right outfield section where Vladimir Guerrero fields, and Abby and I were both wearing his number, too!--and it was a beautiful night to watch a game. But oh well. They ended up losing 3-4 to the Royals, so it would have been depressing anyway.
They've got girlie pink Angels-wear, but hello, their colors are red and blue, not pink! So, to make sure it was obvious Abby was a girl, I bought some red ribbon and some clip-on flowers for her to wear with her Angels jumper. My sewing machine has a decorative stitch that looks like baseball stitching, so I sewed that on in white. She got so many ooh's and aww's at the ballpark. Everywhere we went, you'd hear people near us say, "Oh my gosh! Look at that cute baby! That's so adorable!" And of course Abby was in fine form, smiling at everyone and making her happy noises (which unfortunately sound like she's choking--she does this gasping intake of air and squeaks like an asthmatic)--at least, she was making the happy noises once I started walking around with her. Before that it was just crying, which I'm sure the two beer-guzzling guys next to me were really thrilled about, and hence the reason I ended up walking around. So now we know for next time: aisle seats and good walking shoes.

No comments: