Friday, September 22, 2006

Location, Location, Location

So we've been doing the baby food thing for about 4 months now, and we'd decided over the last few weeks that she really just wasn't into it and simply preferred to nurse. We'd manage to get maybe 8 or 10 bites MAX into her before she'd clamp her lips shut (cute, albeit infuriating) and whip her head away from the spoon. Every once in a while she'd eat super well and we'd think she'd turned a corner, and then she'd go back to her picky ways.

Then last week we noticed how well she ate in her carseat. Or at my parents' place. Or at the park. Or in the stroller. Or sitting on the table at T.G.I.Friday's. Or (her favorite) standing in the playroom. And then we realized she just really doesn't like the high chair. Now she eats close to a whole jar of food three times a day! Quite the improvement from a jar over three days.

So far she's tried: carrots, green beans, peas, winter squash, sweet potato, apples, bananas, pears, and I feel like there's more but I can't remember. Anyway, this week we're trying a pear-raspberry mix. Mm!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Mmmm! I want to try the pear raspberry mix!

Hi Alison! I met your brother and sis-in-law at a meeting/dinner about the website he's launching. It was so fun for me because I read "Worlds Collide" over a year ago. Kelli told me you are a blogger, so I decided to stop by to say "hello".

I went to your new webpage, but I couldn't find a blog there, so I'm leaving a message here.

Anyway, it's kind of fun to know someone who could put me in contact with you because I've had a lingering question about the plot of Worlds Collide ever since I read it. I'm going to send it to your e-mail address, so I don't give anything away about your book's plot by posting the question here.

All the best,

Tracy