Saturday, September 08, 2007

One down, two to go

I'm a little late posting this, but as of Tuesday I am officially done with my first trimester! Woohoo! It's about time. Man, that went slow.

My total first trimester weight gain was seven pounds. That's it!!! I'm stunned, and totally stoked. Heck, even if I gain 10--or, heaven forbid, 15--for the next two trimesters, I'll be in SUCH good shape. What a relief.

I did a prenatal yoga workout the other day. I bought a DVD off Amazon called "The Divine Mother." It sounds totally cheesy, but it was actually really good. The woman that leads it is 36 week pregnant, and she's joined by two other women who were, like, 17 months and 20-something months. Anna, the lead woman, narrates over the video of them doing the exercises, rather that speaking while doing them, and she has a beautiful, calming voice. She'd be great for reading hypnobirth scripts! The relaxation parts were sooo lovely, but the workout parts totally kicked my hiney! I did it two nights ago and I was more sore this morning than I was yesterday, but still not as sore as I expected to be, so that's encouraging. My chiropractor has also written me a script for physical therapist-led pilates, which I hope to start soon. I just have to find out how much my insurance is going to cover. Hopefully between that and the yoga I won't have the muscle issues I had last time. Though today I really started feeling the ligament pain that crippled me 3rd trimester last time--that's WAY earlier than it was last time, and that's a little discouraging to think I'll have to deal with it for so much longer this time. This is one of the reasons we got adjustable beds, however: so that, when I'm pregnant and start having the ligament issues that relegated me to the recliner for the last month back in 2005, I'd be able to stay in our bed. We just have to shift Abby over towards Dan's side and get her used to sleeping there instead of between me and the bed rail, which I have to remove to adjust the bed.

So I've been giving myself a little cereal treat every Tuesday night to celebrate another week down. I bought one of thoe 8-box variety packs that had, like, Cocoa Puffs and Golden Grahams and Cheerios and--the box I'm saving for last--Lucky Charms. It's been perfect, really; it gives me something to look forward to, satisfies my sweet tooth for the night, and helps me to curb my cereal craving for the whole week. What a change from my 2-bulk-boxes-a-week addiction when I was preggo with Abby!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just in case you thought we weren't paying attention... you mentioned that the women in the Divine Mother video were 17 and 20 months pregnant. Now, I'm all for letting nature take its course, but I think those women should seriously consider induction.