Wednesday, November 28, 2007

24 weeks!

Yikes, it's been awhile since I posted. Sorry about that, all three of you who are reading. :)

So yesterday I hit 24 weeks and 20 pounds gained. The holiday season is already killin' me on the weight issue! But I don't care. I'm still way ahead of the game compared to last time.

We have officially decided to hire the midwife, and my first appointment with her is the 11th, the day before we leave for Hawaii. The timing sucks--it takes at least 45 minutes to get there, and the appointment itself is at least an hour long, possibly 1.5 hours, so I'm looking at around 3 hours or more of my day down the drain when I will most certainly have twelve million things to do for the trip. But oh well.

I was at the chiro today getting my butt pummeled. My stupid muscles are SO JACKED UP. Sitting hurts, standing hurts, walking hurts, lying down hurts. Except when it mysteriously doesn't. There's a new prenatal yoga series starting at the new studio in town; I'm going to get some info and see if maybe that helps. What really sucks is that tomorrow Dan and I are taking the entire day to clean out the garage, and I just know I'm going to be of NO help to him whatsoever. I feel so bad. The last time we did a big garage clean I was pregnant and had the same issue. Why do we keep doing this when I'm quasi-paralyzed?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sugar!

I just wanted you to know that there are not three, but four people who read your blog. :)

And I totally support your homebirthing, my friend Jenney from the Bay Area homebirthed both her children, and there were no problems. So you are definitely not the nuttiest, crunchiest mom ever. You're just around some non-nutty-crunchies. :)

There must be a Beatles marathon on the Satellite Radio today at my temp job at a car dealership because Hey Jude is playing now and Baby, It's you was playing at 7:45am, and several others in between. Yay! Wish you were here. Or rather, wish I were with you in CA!

Love,

Maggie