Saturday, January 05, 2008

29.5 weeks!

Okay, okay, I *totally* fell off the map there for a while. Sorry about that. I'm a lazy blogger, what can I say? :)

I had my second official midwife appointment this past Wednesday and was pleasantly surprised to see I'd only gained 5 pounds since my Dec. 11 appointment. I haven't been weighing myself because someone took the scale out of my bedroom and I never think to go searching for it, so I really had no idea what I was in for. Given all I ate in Maui and over the holidays, I figured the damage would be much worse. Five pounds ain't that bad, though, and it puts me at a solid 30 pounds gained so far. By this time, with Abby, I'd gained 50. Much improved, wouldn't you say?

I continue to love love love Michelle the Super Midwife. She gave me my "30 week" packet of info this week, which included some post-partum instructions. The back page of that particular document had a whole list of Bible verses for moms to pray through if they find themselves struggling with PPD. I thought that was really cool.

The baby *was* head-down, but I don't know that s/he has stayed that way. The movement is so all over the place it's hard to tell, and I'm totally lame when it comes to mapping the baby's location just by feeling around. Not that I'm worried; still plenty of time for the baby to flip!

Oh yeah--we had our 3/4-D ultrasound the day after we got back from Maui. Here are a couple photos:






So what do you think: boy or girl? I'll be launching the much anticipated Guess the Gender And Predict the Birth Stats contest in my next post, so start thinking about your entry!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wow! I say BOY!