Saturday, January 26, 2008

8 months!

Unreal. 32 weeks!

I got my birth kit in the mail the other day. All sorts of stuff in there for me to organize. Seeg as 13 babies have already been born on my BabyCenter March Birth Board, I suppose I should get myself organized sooner rather than later; you never know when baby may decide to come early!

Speaking of the baby coming, all you lurkers need to come out of the closet and post your predictions for the birth!

We're taking inventory of what we still need for this new kid, and really it's not much given we have so much stuff from Abby. ('Course we'll need a lot of clothes if it's a boy!) But one of the things we do need is a diaper bag. We had a duffel-type bag last time, and it was just a giant black hole. No organization whatsoever. Drove me crazy. This time I wanted pockets galore. Well, yesterday I was looking online and found the perfect bag. A million pockets. A sling-like diagonal strap (so much comfier than a backpack when you have narrow shoulders like me). And so freaking durable we'll be able to use it as a get-the-heck-outta-Dodge bag when the country goes to pot and we need to get off the grid to keep our liberties. :) It's the Lunada Gearslinger from Maxpedition, maker of "hard use gear." Military folks use their stuff! We're getting it in OD Green. I'm so pumped. And Dan won't be embarrassed to tote it, either!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What? Boys can wear pink! (Just kidding, I mean, they CAN but even liberal *I* didn't put Ed in pink except maybe once in an emergency and even then I think it was just a pink onesie under something else.)
That said, I think I did let Ed wear Lucy's purple Crocs for about three days in the fall. When people questioned me I assured them that Ed was comfortable enough with his manhood to wear purple. :) :)
That diaper bag looks like it will be able to withstand whatever kind of abuse you throw at it. I meant to mention this when we were with you guys: I think it's interesting how people are different! I cannot stand having tons of pockets and compartments; I want ONE space for everything to share. Just my personal preference. I oughtta go live in a commune or something.

I hope Abby's on the mend and I hope despite her uncomfortableness you had a lovely birthday. Hugs!

Libby G. said...

Hi Allison! I have to tell you, you have some of the girls on BBC worried about you! I love your blog, btw, and it is good to see everything is going well (except for Abby not feeling well, of course)! Just wanted to say hi!