Saturday, November 19, 2005

Out Of It

So I suddenly realized that it's been forever since I blogged on either of my sites. I've been so out of it lately; please forgive me, all 5 or so of you that regularly read it. :) Quick update: as of Tuesday I will be 35 weeks, and as of today I have hit the big 2-0-0. Yes, that's 200 pounds--nearly 70 gained since April. Egads. Today Dan picks up the nursery furniture, and yesterday we finally cleaned out the room completely so that painting can commence. I've been trying to walk at least two laps around the lake every morning, although I didn't go yesterday because my feet were just too dang sore--it's really sad when you wake up and they still hurt from the day before. Twice last week I fell asleep while practicing my hypnobirth, and both times I was only about 4 hours into my day--and I never take naps, much less before noon! I'm in a bit of a daze most of the time, at least that's what it feels like--I'm not, like sitting around staring at the walls, but I'm not exactly exerting a whole lot of mental energy, either. I did, however, manage to get pretty much caught up in my pregnancy journal, so that was a huge accomplishment, and I also got most of my Christmas card envelopes addressed, which is a huge load off my mind. Some Christmas shopping is done, thank heavens--doing the whole walk-the-mall thing is getting less and less enjoyable (since walking = waddling and a whole lot of sitting every time I find a bench)--and I think I'll try to do the rest online so I don't have to go out anymore.

The baby is moving like mad--kicked so hard the other day I nearly dropped the glass of water I was resting on my belly. I just sit and stare at my stomach at night, which is when the baby seems most active--it's incredible to watch. But honestly, I'm done with the whole pregnancy thing. I'm over it. I'm ready to move on. I know I've said that before, but I really mean it now. I've run out of clothes that fit, for the most part--I have about a week's worth of shirts, plus about three pairs of pants or shorts--and I'm so tired of waking up in pain: leg cramps, back spasms, sore feet, weird aches I can't even explain. Enough! Let's get on with it already! The second Dan finishes his finals I'm doing every single one of those home remedies that supposedly put you into labor. It's time to get this show on the road and move on to motherhood.

3 comments:

Rebecca Knapp said...

If there's any advice I can share, it's ixnay on the Chipotle eating to bring on labor. Do what you will, but from my own experience... WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!

But, enjoy these days, my friend. As wonderful as a new bundle in your arms is, in just a few short weeks you will be desperate for one of those pesky naps. Desperate and senial - concurrently. But, if you can still spare your sense of humor after all that, the first few weeks are actually rather amusing. Although, since you will be losing all of your senses (including the one of humor)... ;-) Hang in there, you're almost there!

Rebecca Knapp said...

p.s. Any coincidence that the envelope for your baby shower is PINK?!?!?!

Bigger than Me said...

I, too, would like to tell you to enjoy it, but let's be honest...the novelty is LONG passed! I totally understand! I was exactly the same way with all four, even with the last two which were induced at 37 weeks! It's actually kinda strange, because I loved being pregnant, but the "I'm so over this!" feeling has still lingered since Isaiah was born...two years ago! Maybe it is because we decided he would be our last, but I have honestly not wanted to be pregnant again since (which is amazing since I work in L&D now, with fresh babies every which way!)
In any case, just take it one day at a time, don't expect yourself to be patient, and if you can somehow manage to, try to remind yourself just once that these are the last days for the rest of your entire life that you will be who you are right now! In just a few weeks, the entire world will flip upside down, and every darn thing will be changed right along with it! (Besides, let the baby get big and fat, they are funnier that way!)
Lub you forty nerdy!
Katie

PS Your commercials have been playing a lot again!