Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Pictorial Update

Pictorial is the word I'm looking for, right?

Here's her first bite of green beans. Obviously not a big hit. Dan couldn't even bring himself to watch; he felt truly awful for "putting her through this." I managed to get three bites into her, and the next day, four. On the third day I tried a new tactic: instead of apologizing the whole time ("I know it's icky, honey, I'm so sorry!"), I cheered her through them ("Oooh! Yummy! Green beans are soooo good! Yay!" *lots of clapping and lip smacking). She ate the entire bowlful!

Poor kid. I really did feel pretty bad. She actually gagged at one point. Truly her father's daughter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, my gosh. Seriously, 2,000-words'-worth right there. Green beans are the worst -- the rest of the foods seem to go down a little easier... hang in there Abby! :)