Thursday, September 29, 2005

Brain freeze

Don't ask how I figured this out, but I've lost one of the lines to the Star-Spangled Banner. "Whose broad stripes and bright stars....." Then what?! I can sing every other line but that next one and I can't for the life of me figure it out. I've known that song by heart since second grade--how could I suddenly forget like that? I swear, pregnancy does the STUPIDEST things to your head.

On an unrelated note--well, not unrelated if we're talking about stupid things your pregnant brain does--the dream I was having when I woke up was about being at McDonalds and ordering pancakes and muffins and about four other breakfast dishes--all "with extra chocolate, please." Sheesh--my subconscious is SUCH an open book.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure I told you that when I was prego with Lucy, Ray Charles died... and I swore up and down to Joel that I'd never heard of him. Until, like, the next day when I realized I was an idiot.

And then like two months later I mentioned it to Joel and he went "What?!? Ray Charles died?!?"
It's contagious.

Heather Diane Tipton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather Diane Tipton said...

O say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?