Tuesday, March 11, 2008

All systems go!

No, I'm not in labor. But I went to the midwife today and her general opinion is that I won't last another week, and that labor is probably right around the corner. The baby is in the optimal birthing position, which is a HUGE relief and weight off my shoulders, and now I feel okay about doing some serious walking and skip-stair climbing and all those other kinds of things one can try to get labor going.

The last 36 hours I've pretty much felt like crap. I've had a headache on and off for the last 4 days, and then my stomach started giving me issues, my back has been intermittently aching, I've been hungry but have had absolutely NO appetite, and my legs have started swelling. On top of that, I just feel done. Emotionally, physically, mentally--just done. I want to crawl into bed with a book and make everyone leave me alone.

All these are apparently very good signs. One of the only times in life when feeling terrible is a good thing. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey, Maggie here.

I'm so excited that little Kilimanjaro is in perfect birthing position!! Whew! Yes, now you can totally start walking walking walking and doing all the go-labor-go tricks. Oh, I wish I were there to entertain you! Or, stand guard outside your door so you can have some peace and quiet!! Are you sleeping okay/at all? Will this blog be the best way to find out how you're doing when the labor starts (hopefully in five minutes!)?? Like, will Daniel be updating it? Oh, I'm so excited and wish you no more aches and pains and lots of appetite until it's time to go baby morrow!

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Hey girl! I do plan on posting that I've gone into labor, and depending on how I'm doing, how long it's taking, etc., I'll post updates as well. :)

I'm sleeping...eh. Not great but not awfully, either. I've figured out a fairly decent position that doesn't put my legs into excruciating pain, but it's apparently straining my shoulder--I just can't win!