Thursday, December 01, 2005

All's well

Just thought I'd post real quick to let y'all know that nothing has been going on with those contractions for the last day and a half. They stopped yesterday morning. Good thing, seeing as we have absolutely nothing for the baby--the shower is on Saturday. (Actually, that's not entirely true; our small group hosted a shower for us on Monday, so we have some adorable clothes, crib sheets, blankets, etc. But still not all that I think we probably need.)

Tina, our hypnobirth instructor, thinks that it may have been the baby going head down that triggered them in the first place, which would be wonderful. It's been moving a lot, but I haven't felt any "turning" sensations, so hopefully it turned before our Tuesday class and I just didn't know it. Our next doctor appointment is on Tuesday, so I guess we'll see then...

4 comments:

Videos by Professor Howdy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

WHAT is that horrid "comment." Great gravy train, make it stop.

I am disappointed that it didn't include the 3rd Declension Dialect of Pygmy Uzbekistanian.

Unknown said...

Hey Al, yay for contractions! Were you never having any "practice contractions" before? I've started getting those and they are CERTAINLY good practice for relaxing and breathing. Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's a contraction, or just the baby sticking its butt out (well, it is for me anyway).

I hope your little stinker turns soon. You do still have a few weeks, and I'm sure it will be fine.

Rebecca Knapp said...

Perhaps they were Braxton Hicks contractions? They're about 1/1,000,000th the strength of a real contraction, but I won't "spoil" it for you. :)

If it's any consolation, you may still have plenty of time to prepare... My contractions started in July, and Frankie was born in September - and two weeks past his due date! Yet another way Mother Nature makes the waiting process pure torture!

Good luck!
Bex ;-)

P.S. Now I'm curious what that "horrid" deleted comment was!