Saturday, December 24, 2005

Looking Up

Well, the drama and emotion of the last couple days has worn off and I'm doing better with the fact that the baby isn't going to be here for Christmas. I have a killer prayer team who really pulled through for me yesterday--I attribute my miraculous decrease in leg pain and boost in spirits to them. (Thank you, small group!!!) My doctor's office called yesterday to give me the lowdown on induction, and it turns out they've already set the date. So, if nothing else, I can say with certainty that we will have a baby by January 6. The induction itself starts on the 4th with a balloon which they insert into the cervix and then inflate to pressure the cervix to dilate. Then on the 5th we go into the hospital around 7 AM (if I don't go into labor before then, that is) and they'll start me on Pitocin if I'm not contracting. Hopefully things will move quickly and it won't stretch to the 6th, but I can't imagine them letting it go past that. Frankly, I can't imagine lasting till the 4th--but then again, I couldn't imagine lasting till now, and here I am.

So tonight we'll go to one of the Christmas Eve services at church, then tomorrow we'll go to Mom and Dad's for family Christmas. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast, roast beef and Yorkshire pudding for lunch....mmmm, a good eats day. :)

Probably won't post till Monday or later, so hey everyone--have a blessed Christmas!

No comments: