Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Numbers Game

9, 6, 9, 11, 16

30, 15, 25, 15, 15

DOn't bother looking for a pattern; there isn't one. And that's what's so freaking annoying, because those numbers represent the minutes between contractions that I've timed so far. The first set actually started right after I posted the last time, and the second were during "Chronicles of Narnia," which Dan and I went to see last night. Oddly, I'm only ever able to get 5 intervals, because then they stop.

WHY DO THEY STOP!??!?!?!?!

So tomorrow is my next appointment. Pray, please, that the doctor looks at me in astonishment and says, "Get thee to labor and delivery! You're 8 centimeters dilated!" Wishful thinking, I know, but hey, 'tis the season that is based on birth-related miracles, is it not?

-Alison

No comments: