Saturday, December 10, 2005

Shocking.

I actually slept last night. Not the entire night--oh, heavens no, that would be unheard of--but in much longer stretches than usual. And without any leg cramps, hallelujah. My secret? The recliner! Yes, I have ditched the bed for the recliner in the living room, which allows me to give my body a break from being on its side and lets me sleep on my back, surrounded, of course, by pillows galore. But hey, it worked, so I'm happy. I didn't wake up for good until almost 8:30, which is the latest I've slept in a really long time, and I think the longest I was up for in the middle of the night was maybe 45 minutes. And I'm pretty sure I only woke up twice. Not bad at all! Now, one might think that getting all that sleep and waking up relatively refreshed (and, for once, NOT feeling like a 90-year-old arthritic) would mean I'd be buzzing around getting things done today. Not so much. Had breakfast, had a shower, got the mail, made a milkshake, and really that's about all I've had the energy to do. The list of things I need to do is growing by the minute, and really I don't care. Heck, it took me twenty minutes to gather the strength to get upstairs and check my email, and that's something I actually wantwant to do--what will it take to get the strength to, say, clean the bathroom or closet or look for my hot glue gun so I can finish our Christmas wreath? No thanks. I'm just going to sit here and think of more reasons to stare at my computer so I don't have to tackle all those other pesky chores, and dream of going back to sleep tonight.

No comments: