Thursday, December 22, 2005

:(

Had my latest OB appointment today and, despite the fact that I've had some whopper contractions lately, I'm still only 1 cm and 30% effaced. In other words, ain't nothin' happenin'. It was not a happy appointment. I cried. A lot. A little embarrassing, but luckily I have a very cool doctor and she's very encouraging. Part of it was frustration, part of it was exhaustion from getting no sleep last night thanks to a horrendous back spasm that had me basically immobile for half an hour and made it nearly impossible to walk this morning, and part of it was the tremendous let down of knowing that the chances are better I'll be having a January baby than a December one. My next appointment is next Thursday, and she said we'll discuss possible induction dates then. That means I won't even be induced until January. Just what this family needs, a fourth January birthday.

So yeah, sucky day in Alisonland. I'm feeling very disconnected from things at the moment--disconnected from the baby because it all just feels like fiction, disconnected from Christmas because I've been focusing so much on the baby. I'm sure a good night's sleep will help me out some, and thankfully my doctor gave me an rx for Ambien, so I may actually get some good sleep for once. And then tomorrow I'll probably go in for another chiropractic appointment--she spent 45 minutes on me this morning trying to work out the kinks that had built up--and that will hopefully help me relax, if nothing else. I can't wait until I can get a decent massage; I feel like I'm going to need a vacation by the time this baby gets here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Ali, I am so sorry! If this helps, I was 1 cm dilated only 7 hours before I had Lucy. So it could be soon! It probably doesn't help.

Heck, I'm already grouchy and I have to wait TWO MORE MONTHS for my baby.

Some sleep will do you good. Be strong! You are doing great. Remember all that hypnobirth stuff about inner peace and all that crap. :) Inner peace!! INNER PEACE!!! :) :) :)

Rebecca Knapp said...

Remember, it's a HEALTHY baby you are interested in, and a year from now it won't make a bit of difference when that precious angel actually arrived. I had to wait two weeks past my due date for Frankie to arrive, which was seriously miserable. But, remember, it's all in God's perfect time!!!