Monday, December 12, 2005

We have progress!

Not much, but any progress is better than none: 1 cm dilated and 20% effaced, hallelujah! I was up for over an hour last night with practice labor and back spasms, so I'm glad I have something to show for it, however small it might be. I know that some women go for weeks at 1 or 2 cm, so it's not like this means labor is imminent--and wouldn't you know it, the doctor isn't even on call this weekend, which was our target weekend that we've been intentioning with hypnobirth since, like, September, so it would actually sorta suck if the baby came the 18th like we've been hoping and praying. But hey, any time this week would be good, and Christmas isn't until a week from Sunday, so we still have plenty of time to work with here. Funny, the nurse was telling me about a woman who is desperate to have her baby ON Christmas, which is what we've been trying to avoid all along. 'Course, that would mean this woman would be having her baby at 43 and half weeks! Can you imagine WANTING to be pregnant that long!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison! Thanks for all of the info you have shared with me on hypnobirthing. I'm getting really anxious for the birth of our baby and using the relaxation techniques I've been reading. Anyway, I just wanted to say that some women will dilate clear to a 5 and stay there for weeks before active labor starts. I would hate to be that woman, but can almost bet I might be!! LOL Maybe if I learned patience? I can't wait to hear about how your birthing experience goes!!! Best of luck to you!!

Jeanie