Sunday, December 04, 2005

Baby Shower!

Yesterday was my big baby shower. It rocked! About 22 women there, tons of awesome gifts, and great food. My friends that put it together really outdid themselves. Dan and I spent today at Babies R Us and Target picking up the last necessities that we'll REALLY need when the baby comes--still lots of stuff to be purchased, but none of it immediately important. For wee little things, babies sure do need a lot of stuff, you know? Well, I suppose that's not entirely true--we as 21st century parents simply expect that certain conveniences, like Pack N' Plays and Boppy pillows and bouncy seats, should be used because they exist and are such great ideas. And what can I say--I've bought that idea hook, line, and sinker.

There were lots of babies there yesterday, and all of them were very well-behaved and cute. (Like that last part is hard.) We lined them up for this great photo--do they or do they not look like a bunch of Cabbage Patch Kids?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are some LITTLE babies!! How old are they all? I forget how quickly they get out of that stage. Amazing. Anyway, glad you had a nice shower and got some lovely things.