Sunday, December 18, 2005

Off target

Well, today was our target date for the birth, and it has come and gone. I'm still not actually due for another week, though, so it's not that surprising.

I can't believe Christmas is a week from today. When we found out we were pregnant all those months ago, it just seemed so far away, and here we are, down to the wire with only a few days left to get this kid out by the holiday. Truth be told, I'm starting to think I'll be late, and I feel like I'm in mourning for the ideal I'd been praying for for so long. It would have meant so much to me to have my baby with me on Christmas, and yeah, I know it's still possible, but chances are slim and I have to deal with that.

Blah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand your frustration!! Just be patient, you can do it. :) Try to keep busy to keep your mind off the excitement of having your baby. It will help. Good luck this week.. only a few more days to go!!!!

Jeanie